Intellectual Property Strategies for Technical Professionals
This course will help the technical professional to take the actions necessary to protect the products and services to gain greater market shares and enhance the IP owner’s reputation in the market place. This will help the technical professional grow in management skills that will help the IP owner to minimize costs and maximize profits.
- Gain an understanding of how to construct an intellectual property strategy and a business model that will help them and their companies to maximize value for the owners of the intellectual property to the business.
- Understand how patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets fit into an IP strategy and business model to make money.
- Review business models and IP Strategies of others to see how to profit from them and to avoid pitfalls.
- Learn the importance of competitive research at the USPTO, how to conduct a Freedom to Operate searches, and understand competitors patent claims.
- Conduct infringement searches and ways to avoid infringement of third party patents.
This course is designed to help the technical professional gain an understanding that will enable the technical professional to participate actively in the process of using intellectual property in a business strategy that will help maximize the value to the IP owner. This will help the technical professional grow in management skills that will help the IP owner to minimize costs and maximize profits by providing significant protection for the products and services that the company will seek to sell into the streams of commerce.
Who Should Attend
People with technical training beyond high school and who are likely to be involved with inventing, writing and developing commercially valuable IP, innovating products and or services, and helping the IP owner to manage the IP that will maximize value to the IP owner. These activities will require knowledge of patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets and the ways to turn the valuable IP into a business strategy that maximizes the value to the IP owner and its investors.
- Knowledge of IP is very important to the management of any technology based business today. By understanding intellectual property, you will maximize your value to the company and enhance your career prospects significantly in any technology based commercial business.
- You will gain an understanding of how to construct an IP Strategy and a business model that will enable management of the IP to maximize the opportunities for the business to thrive in an increasingly competitive business environment.
LSC University Park
Lone Star Corporate College, 20515 State Highway 249
Houston, TX 77070
This is a half-day course and runs 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Check-in opens at 7:30 a.m.
|Advanced||$450 (Ends November 5)||$550 (Ends November 5)|
The course fee includes a course binder and a continental breakfast each day.
Sign up for both “Intellectual Property Strategies for Technical Professionals” and “Write Your Own Patent Applications” and save $50 per course.
Five for Four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. Note: This discount is only available if you register by fax, mail or phone and mention this discount and may not be combined with any other offer.
About the Instructor
Bruce M. Winchell, J.D.
is licensed to practice law in Ohio, Tennessee, U.S. Patent Office and Canadian Patent Office. He is a Certified Licensing Professional. He has significant experience in Intellectual Property law in large companies and DOE National Laboratories. He has been teaching this topic on a regular basis since 2007.