Write Your Own Patent Applications
This course will help the technical professional to take the actions necessary to protect the products and services to gain greater market shares and enhance the IP owner’s reputation in the market place.
- Learn how to meet the requirements for patentability
- Design and conduct a Prior Art search. Learn how to interpret the results of the Prior Art search and how this will help to determine the novel elements of an invention and how this affects the way to write the new patent application.
- Write drafts of non-provisional patent applications for filing at the U.S. Patent Office
- Write claims so as to maximize the value of the patent to the business
- Understand and overcome the rejections patent examiners use against patent applications
We recommend that you take this course with Intellectual Property Strategies for Technical Professionals. Register for both and receive a discount!
Who Should Attend
People with technical degrees and who are likely to be involved with inventing, writing and developing commercially valuable patents, innovating products and or services, and helping the patent owner to manage the patent portfolio to maximize the value to the patent owner. These activities will require knowledge of patents, uses for patents, managing the costs associated with obtaining and maintaining the patents, and strategies around how to use patents in the commercial market place both in the United States and in foreign countries.
- Knowledge of IP is very important to the management of any technology based business today. By understanding intellectual property, you will maximize your value to the company and enhance your career prospects significantly in any technology based commercial business.
- You will understand that patents are the most important part of any IP Strategy and also the most costly.
- You will learn how to use you technical expertise to write your own non-provisional patent applications to minimize costs and maximize the scope and value of the patents to the business in all markets where your business will make, use, and sell products and/or services.
This is a half-day course and runs 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Check-in opens at 12:30 p.m.
The course fee includes a course binder and a continental breakfast each day.
Sign up for both “Intellectual Property Strategies for Technical Professionals” and “Write Your Own Patent Applications” and save $50 per course.
Five for Four! Register five people for one course, one person for five courses, or any combination in between and your fifth registration is free. Note: This discount is only available if you register by fax, mail or phone and mention this discount and may not be combined with any other offer.
|Advanced||$450 (ends Feb 27)||$550 (ends Feb 27)|
About the Instructor
Bruce M. Winchell, J.D.
is licensed to practice law in Ohio, Tennessee, U.S. Patent Office and Canadian Patent Office. He is a Certified Licensing Professional. He has significant experience in Intellectual Property law in large companies and DOE National Laboratories. He has been teaching this topic on a regular basis since 2007.